Freelance Practicum training session
The workshop was held on 16 May, 2014.
The video recording is available in Russian. Follow the link you would like to get access to the video.
Price: 20 EUR (325 UAH)
- Economic environment of the language industry: formation of a typical industrial structure, place and role of freelancers in this structure.
- Trends in the language industry and their consequences for translators.
- Entering the translation market today:
- Importance of targeted and selective marketing
- Specialization is the key.
- Where to look for clients:
- Passive hunt (translation portals, personal sites, etc.)
- Active search (emails, bids, participation in specialized events …)
- A must-have set of documents and skills:
- Cover letter
- Bid for a job or participation in a project
- Communication with clients (recruiting managers and PM’s).
- A chance to increase the number of income-generating activities.
- Various opportunities for diversification.
- Financial management for freelancers, investing time and funds for the sake of the future financial sustainability.